Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Most Important Things In Life

I blog to share my thoughts and insights. I blog to provide information and a platform to encourage, inspire and get my readers to find their fire and start the steps towards living their passions. I blog to help a community of great firestarters.

But I also blog because I care about the unbelievable, unseen and uncomfortable issue of Human Trafficking. When I first began to hear about Human Trafficking several years ago, I guessed it must be just occurring in the poorest areas of some of third world countries. In little time, I learned the horrible truth about what was happening in my own country, my own state and my own city. Nearly 15,000 of new trafficking victims are identifed in the United States every year.(Click here to tweet this) While our economy is experiencing limited if any growth, the trafficking of victims for sex trade in the United States is booming business. The Sex Slave next door is a real eye opener about where trafficking is taking place.

The Polaris Project estimates that most pimps in the United States have a $500 quota each girl must meet a day. If a pimp has only 4 girls and they meet that quota, the pimp can make up to $632,000 a year. That's a huge income at the expense of someone else's exploitation.




We might say it's horrific and wrong but then go back to our ordinary routine and hope somebody is working on doing something about it. 

Somebody is: Exodus Road and YOU CAN and SHOULD at least look at their website and truly decide how you can get involved. Maybe you can share the information with your circles. Maybe you can volunteer in other ways, maybe you can offer a small donation to send investigators into the fields to rescue victims. The cost is so minimal yet the effect so dramatic.

There are a lot of important things in life. Blogging is NOT one of them unless through some words, someone's life is changed, saved, rescued, reclaimed.

I'm just one voice but one of my most important things in life is to use what voice I have to make a difference.

Visit Exodus Road and see the amazing things they are doing there, and maybe you will add this cause as one of the most important things in your life as well.

There but for the grace of God...someone you know could be the life you save.

This is why I blog for Exodus Road.


Please share this post on your Facebook page and to your other circles.

If you are interested in learning more about how you can help victims of human trafficking contact Kathy
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment