|This is your life. Life is short. (Photo credit: pragmatic_pete)|
There is one line that says, "If you don't like your job, quit." Now most people would say that is easier said than done but I believe it is a practical and empowering statement. Yes, you must have a means to pay your bills but in reality a job is one thing you can choose. You may not always be able to change other circumstances in your life like your health or your age but you can make choices about your job and I submit perhaps quitting many things could actually improve our lives and make our situations more positive and thriving.
So for some, Holstee's admonishment to "just quit" might relate to your job but I also think we should quit the following:
1) Quit comparing ourselves to someone else. Hands down this is not only destructive behavior but downright ridiculous. We were made to be unique. We have unique footprints, unique DNA, we need to realize we were meant to be just ourselves and not some cloned "wannabee".
|If you're tired of drama in your life, just quit being the actor. (Photo credit: deeplifequotes)|
2)Quit making excuses. Own your behavior. If you procrastinate or have a temper or are quick to judge; own it. Once you own it you can change it but as long as you keep making excuses you will always be owned by your behavior rather than the other way around.
3) Quit adding to your regrets. There will always be baggage, mistakes, missed opportunities...learn and move on. Quit being held hostage by the past.
4) Quit listening to everyone else. Yes, there might be some great advice you miss. But if you can't hear your own heart due to everyone else's opinion, it is time to shut out the din and go discover what you love.
5) Quit saying you don't need help. No man is an island. Be a giver and a receiver. No one can do it alone.
6) Quit saying you wish you had and start saying you're glad you did.
7) Quit living someone else's dream.
8) Quit spending time with people who bring you down or sabotage your life.If you don't enjoy the time you spend with people, quit sharing a commodity you can't replace(time).
9) Quit saying something is your passion and start acting as though it is. If you want to write, start a blog, if you want to design, make cards or costumes or whatever you love to make, if you want to teach something, develop a webinar online, if you say your passionate about animals, rescue one,if you feel passionate about victims develop a strategy or campaign to help someone in need but a passion is only an idea unless you really act on it.
Holstee says, "Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion."
I say, 10)"Don't quit your mission, quit the things that prevent you from achieving it.